We're continuing our series to help you choose the best health care providers for your birth. In this episode, we'll explore the role of a midwife. What are a midwife's primary responsibilities and how can you find the right one for you?
If you’re pregnant with twins or higher order multiples, then your medical care provider has probably already told you about the risk of preterm labor. What does “preterm” actually mean for multiples? What are some of the signs of preterm labor?
- Natural Ways to Treat Back Pain During Pregnancy
- Does Insurance Cover Midwives?
- What is the Difference Between a Midwife and Doula?
- Is Homebirth Right For Me?
- Your Pelvic Floor After Giving Birth
- Why Am I Screened for Gestational Diabetes?
- Why Not Use the Hot Tub While Pregnant?
- How Can I Prevent Stretchmarks?
- Creative Ways To Document And Cherish Baby Milestones
- How To Build A Sustainable Nursery: Tips For Eco-Friendly Parents
- Podcasts Every Expecting Mother Should Listen To
- How to Cope With Morning Sickness
- How to Write a Birth Plan
- How to Stay Healthy During Pregnancy
- How to Deal with Sore Breasts During Pregnancy
- The Ultimate List of Interesting Pregnancy Announcement Ideas
From Our Shows
Your Pregnancy Your Way
Where Moms Know Breast
Parenting Times Two
Many women mistakenly believe that they cannot conceive if they are breastfeeding a child. This is simply not true. How can you make this experience as safe (and comfortable) for everyone involved?
Welcoming a new baby into the world is a joyous occasion! You get to experience countless precious moments, often within a very short time.
Well, you had sex to make a baby, but regaining that physical intimacy after birth may be harder than you think. What's going on within in your body to either help or hinder the process?
Are you pregnant or considering trying to get pregnant after having a previous premature birth? What are your odds for having another preemie baby? Are there ways to overcome these risk factors so you can carry your baby full term?
A sustainable nursery is a wonderful way for eco-concious parents to provide an environmentally friendly space for their little ones.
You've heard the phrase "eating for two". So if you're pregnant with twins should you be eating for three? What type of nutrition does your body really need to foster a healthy twin pregnancy? Plus, what type of foods should you try to avoid.
The Blessingway ceremony is growing in popularity. This alternative to a baby shower is an opportunity for experienced moms to celebrate their pregnancy and the birth experience they plan to have with the people who love and support them the most.
You think you're having contractions, so it's off to the hospital you go! So, what should you expect when you arrive? At what point are you provided with a labor and delivery room? How many people will be caring for you as you await your baby's big debut? And what typically happens after your baby is born?
Do twins run in your family? As a twin parent, you’ve probably heard this question a million times. So, what are your chances of twinning, whether it’s through genetics or through the use of fertility treatments? The conception of identical twins is supposed to be random, so how do we explain families with multiple sets?